The kids are getting so much bigger and older every day. It is hard to believe that they are 18 months old today! In-freaking-sane! The boys are starting to talk more with Andrew firmly in the lead with how many words spoken and how often used. Our current favorite word is "Amen". We pray with the kids each night after putting them in their cribs and when we finish Andrew says "Anen" and smiles as if he just solved the theory of relativity. It is hilarious and adorable. All three are also using some signs (we have been trying to teach them basic sign language for a while) which somewhat helps them convey what they want.
We have had a few more middle-of-the-night trips to the emergency room for high fevers and croup but nothing serious. The boys were supposed to have surgery at the end of April but that got moved to July because of what was going on with my work.
Julie has really been proactive with getting the kids out a lot so we are now familiar with every accessible playground in the greater Williamsburg area. The boys have learned to climb steps and go down small slides by themselves which is very amusing to watch. We have also taken them to the local zoo (not such a big hit surprisingly) and most recently to Busch Gardens. Overall the trip to BG went about 100 times better I had expected. We got all three kids on rides and we watched a show while eating lunch that had them completely enthralled. The best part was when the audience clapped for something and Andrew clapped along.
While I understand that it is hard to encapsulate three months of childhood into a few paragraphs, I hope that the following pictures do a better job than my brief narrative. Since it has been so long there are A LOT of pictures so I apologize if your load times are slow!!
| "Yeah...some might call me a daddy's girl..." |
| Right, like we were going to get all 3 kids to look at a camera while surrounded by animals at the zoo |
| "What is this thing? A swing you say? I do believe I like it!" |
| Nadia in her "comfy crevice" |
| "Wait, why am I in mommy's lap in the middle of the room on a chair surrounded by a sheet? And why does that lady have scissors????" |
| "Ohhh...now I get it, you wanted to see my face again!" |
| "Are you kidding!?! I just saw what you did to Ryan...I'm outta here!" |
| "I have to admit, I'm much cuter with my hair cut" |
| Triplet Happy Hour |
| "A quick pose for the camera you say? How's this?" |
| The eternal struggle in the Waskey household...I didn't want it until he had it and now I NEED IT! |
| "Really mom? You're taking pictures instead of getting this butt out of my face?" |
| Ryan strikes a thoughtful pose |
| "I see a puddle! Let's play in it!" |
| Andrew and his "twin" |
| A rare good picture of Ryan and someone holding him (G-ma Smith) |
| "I'm gonna rock some bangs like it's 1985!" |
| Andrew learns the fine art of imitation |
| Our attempt at a photo of the triplets in their Easter clothes...this was the best out of the many we took...our attitude at this point is "2 out of 3" is good enough |
| Nadia looking all grown up in her Easter dress |
| Andrew caught in the act of touching something that he knows is off-limits...also known as a rare photo of the exact moment that Andrew realized he needed a new diaper |
| "Are you sure this isn't too much orange Mommy?" |
| Nadia getting ready to explain the mysteries of the universe |
| "I can quit anytime I want...I swear" |
| Wise man Andrew |
| "Time for my close up!" |
| This is always what happens about 30 seconds after we put socks on Nadia's feet... |
| "Can I PLEASE have some fruit snacks?!?" |
| "C'mon Dad...take a hit of this here molasses...everyone is doing it" |
| Ryan has claimed this chair as his...heaven forbid one of the others tries to sit in it... |
| And this is what happens when we skip our morning nap |
| Ryan takes after his father when it comes to love of food |
| A silly face? I can do that...how's this? |
| "Give me that camera!" |
| "What? The first face wasn't silly enough...how's this one?" |
| Can you smell what the Drew is cooking! (Sorry for the WWE reference) |
| "Get out of my way...I've stuff to climb and slides to conquer!" |
| Nadia and Ryan in their fort |
| Andrew is already training for Everest |
| The first of what will probably be many trips to Busch Gardens |
| Ryan and Andrew's first ride ever...taken moments before Andrew started crying... |
| Nadia enjoys her first amusement park ride with Mommy |
| "Screw Garmin...we need to go that way!" |
| This photo captures the common theme with Andrew and amusement park rides |
| And we call this a successful trip |
| "Can't we stay just a little longer?" |
No comments:
Post a Comment