One of the reasons that there haven't been any posts lately is due to vacation and traveling. Julie and I spent our usual Labor Day week vacation in Ocean City, MD with Julie's sister Karin, her husband Colin and their new daughter Ally. While we knew that this would be a different type of trip due to Julie being on modified bedrest (yes we were given permission to go away by the Doctors...or maybe we just didn't tell them I can't remember...) we could not have imagined exactly how crazy a week it would turn out to be.
Ignoring the fact that we had a hurricane the weekend before we left, Julie developed a persistent cough at the end of August which followed her to the beach. The continual coughing, combined with the three sacks of flour that Julie is carrying in her tummy caused Julie's back to start hurting whenever she coughed. Long story short, after one urgent care doctor visit, one emergency room visit and approximately 200 calls to our maternal fetal medicine specialist in Virginia to deconflict medicines, Julie was diagnosed with a fractured rib. Ironically the only way to heal a fractured rib is rest which is convenient since that is all Julie is allowed to do anyway. We also found out through this process that surprisingly there are a lot of pain meds that you can take while pregnant that don't concern the doctors nearly as much as they concern your family members when you tell them what meds you are taking.
Despite that whole adventure we did have a good time during the trip and often lamented the fact that the weekly Ocean City vacation will never be the same again after we add three more kids to the mix. We did the usual stuff like eat crabs, play games, eat crabs, play games, etc... We even got to enjoy crabs that were freshly caught by Karin and Colin the same day that we ate them (Ally enjoyed them too as evidenced by the photo below). On a positive note, Julie and I did babysit our niece for an evening and even put her to bed successfully! I guess that means we are ready for triplets right?
![]() |
| Ally enjoys a crab while wondering when her cousins are going to show up... |
Immediately upon returning from MD I had to take a work trip to New York City for two days but thankfully our good friend Trish (from Bahstin) stayed with Julie while I was out of town. I'm not really sure why I waited to take my first trip to NYC until my wife as pregnant with triplets but hey, it all worked out so no harm done!
I will try to get out a couple more posts this week including recaps of the baby showers, an update on the babies from the last doctor's appointment and some other fun stuff. Have a great weekend!

Oh my goodness--a broken rib! That's nuts. I hope Julie is feeling better soon and I'm excited to follow along your triplet adventure. So happy for y'all.
ReplyDelete