2:02 am - Nadia Kathleen Waskey 3lb 13.7oz 17 inches long
2:06 am - Andrew Oliver Waskey 3lb 7.7oz 17 inches long
Now that we have that out of the way, we want to apologize if you are offended by the title of this post but that is truly how we felt as we sat together in the recovery room at 4:00 this morning. I was going on 24 hours without sleep and Julie has not slept for more than 3 hours at a time for several weeks now. Originally they had scheduled a C-Section for 11/29 but as I posted earlier, Julie's water broke at around 4:30pm yesterday. Initially they said they would take a wait and see approach with what to do, but around 9:30pm the trips decided that they were ready to go.
Julie started having serious contractions and after she was evaluated they "determined" (it seemed pretty clear to us that she was in labor but it took A LOT more to convince anyone at the hospital) that she was in pre-term labor. It took a couple hours to get everyone together for the delivery and then around 1:15am they wheeled her into the OR. I of course had to wait the longest 30 minutes of my life while they prepped Julie for the surgery. Finally at 1:45am they let me come in and within 20 minutes we went from 0 to 3 kids! As any parent out there can attest, the first cry we heard from Nadia was one of the most awesome things we have ever experienced. Julie did fantastic and we felt all of your prayers throughout the whole process.
| Julie, Me and Andrew |
After a quick visit to the special care nursery I was able to get a little rest before going back to spend some more time with the kids and do some videotaping. Julie is still recovering from the surgery and hopefully she will get in to see the babies tonight or early tomorrow. As of right now they are keeping all three kids in the special care nursery here at the main hospital. They have said that they don't anticipate that any of them will have to go to the NICU at the neighboring Children's Hopstial because of how well they are doing. Once again thank you all for your prayers and support. The babies can't wait to meet all of their family and adopted family members soon!
The title is perfectly FITTING!!! :) Congratulations!!!! So glad to see pictures of everyone - such a beautiful Party of Five!!!! <3 Can't wait to help out!!! I know I speak on behalf of the entire Waskey Fan Club when I say THANK YOU for thinking of updating us during this private, and surely overwhelming time!!! Give Julie a big fist bump - until she can have real hugs again!!! LOL!
ReplyDeleteThey are just precious, God is soooo good!! Congratulations to the both of you! Julie....you did it! You made it through carrying THREE babies and a scary C-Section. I am sure when you heard that first baby cry you knew every moment of sickness and ache and pain was worth it. You go girl! Can't wait to see y'all!
ReplyDeleteP.S. LOVE the title :)
CONGRATULATIONS! Julie, you did so great with the pregnancy and delivery. Welcome to motherhood!
ReplyDeleteThey are GORGEOUS babies, and they all look so healthy. Look at all the hair Nadia has! Do the boys have hair, too?
How cute!! So glad to see that they're doing well and don't have to go to the NICU! I'm continuing to pray for you guys and the babies and can't wait to meet them! Great job, Julie!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! So glad everyone is doing well! Maybe I'll get to meet your cute kiddos one day :) We'll be praying for you guys.
ReplyDeleteJess (Gray)
Chris, How lucky you and Julie are to have been blessed with three children. Russ and I are so happy for you both. Sending our love, Denise and Russ Calo
ReplyDeleteCongrats guys!
ReplyDeletesniff sniff. literally tearing with happiness for you guys. i sooo wish you guys were still in boston so i could come see this cutiepies in person!!!!! although i'm sure none of you share that 'live in boston' sentiment with me... congrats!
ReplyDelete